Dr Hayat
Dr Hayat, Consultant Internal and Critical Care Medicine
Experience:  Expert
113699036

My son said he was getting like electric shock in his chest

My son said he was getting like electric shock in his chest and felt like his chest was tightening and trouble breathing with chest pain also headaches and feeling weak with it

Hi..Dr Hayat here...Has he got any other illnesses?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Not any known

Any Cough fever or sputum or shortness of breath?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Not really except when he had the chest pain he felt like he couldn't breath, like his chest was tightening also felt weak. He has lost some weight due to cutting out a lot of foods but also eating less as he is been vegan for about 3 weeks

Any smoking ? Drugs ?

Hello ?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hello, sorry for late reply no drugs was smoking rolled tobacco and seemed to make him feel worse. He has not smoked for last 3 days since it was making him feel worse

How is he now?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
He is better but feels sick a bit. He has had chest pain and headaches from about 2 years ago, on and off but the last one he felt very bad

I would not do any thing T the moment except for some Brufen twice a day for 2 days.  If it happens next time I would get an ecg, a chest xray and echo of his heart if that hasn't been done already

Any thing else you need to ask ?

Please feel free to contact if you have any further queries or need to follow up.  Best wishes.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
OK thank you for your help