Dr Hayat
Dr Hayat, Consultant Internal and Critical Care Medicine
Experience:  Expert
113699036

I’m currently 14 weeks post partum, stressful labour ending

Customer Question

Hi, I’m currently 14 weeks post partum, stressful labour ending in emergency c section, my scar has healed well and I understand it can take a while to fully heal as my stomach is still slightly tender sometimes now I’m starting to do more. One question I have is (which I find quite embarrassing), is it normal for intercourse to be a bit painful, thanks
JA: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?
Customer: no vomiting or nausea no. My partner and I have only tried 2/3 times but because it’s still a bit painful it puts me off but I know some of it might be psychological as whilst in labour one doctor insisted on giving me an internal examination when I was 10cm but baby’s head was sideways where I swear her whole hand was up there 😳 (think she was trying to turn her head but it was excruciatingly painful)
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no nothing else thank you
Expert:  Dr Hayat replied 14 days ago.

Hi...Dr Hayat here ...Well its normal for it to be painful but 14 weeks is quite some time. I would like to have a complete gynaecological  exam done ...

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I am due my smear test which I’m planning to book as soon as I can do is it worth mentioning when I go for that?
Expert:  Dr Hayat replied 14 days ago.

Absolutely..You need an examination for that...

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Ok I will definitely do that, thank you
Expert:  Dr Hayat replied 14 days ago.

Pleasure.  Please feel free to contact if you have any further queries or need to follow up.  Have a nice day..