Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have a stiffness in my neck and shoulders and also feel a

Hi I have a stiffness in my neck and shoulders and also feel a bit dizzy , I think it’s from my posture , can you tell me what I can do?
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Are you experiencing any numbness or tingling?
Customer: for 2 weeks nearly no numbness or tingling
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

Yes likely posture is a contributing factor.

You may have arthritis or spondylosis at the cervical spine area.

This can cause nerve compression and such symptoms.

Initial treatment for cervical radiculopathy is nonsurgical. Nonsurgical treatment options include:

Soft cervical collar. This is a padded ring that wraps around the neck and is held in place with Velcro. Your doctor may advise you to wear a soft cervical collar to allow the muscles in your neck to rest and to limit neck motion. This can help decrease the pinching of the nerve roots that accompany movement of the neck. A soft collar should only be worn for a short period of time since long-term wear may decrease the strength of the muscles in your neck.

Physical therapy. Specific exercises can help relieve pain, strengthen neck muscles, and improve range of motion. In some cases, traction can be used to gently stretch the joints and muscles of the neck.

Medications. In some cases, medications can help improve your symptoms.

Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). NSAIDs, including aspirin, ibuprofen, and naproxen, may provide relief if your pain is caused by nerve irritation or inflammation.
Oral corticosteroids. A short course of oral corticosteroids may help relieve pain by reducing swelling and inflammation around the nerve.
Steroid injection. In this procedure, steroids are injected near the affected nerve to reduce local inflammation. The injection may be placed between the laminae (epidural injection), in the foramen (selective nerve injection), or into the facet joint. Although steroid injections do not relieve the pressure on the nerve caused by a narrow foramen or by a bulging or herniated disk, they may lessen the swelling and relieve the pain long enough to allow the nerve to recover.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I’m 18 just to let you know
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
But yeah it’s nothing to really worry about is it ?

Ok in that case, you most likely have significant muscle spasms around the neck.

This will be better treated with physical therapy

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
massage
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Right ?

Here is a link to exercises you can do at home:

Please also see a physiotherapist locally.

SpineCarefortheTherapist.pdf (rosquistchiropractic.com)

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok thank so much but just before I go the dizziness has a link between the muscle spasm right ?

yes correct

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Have a great day

welcome