Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I think I've taken another Tamoxifen tablet today instead of

Customer Question

Hi I think I've taken another Tamoxifen tablet today instead of a paraetamol, please advise me of what I should do,
JA: When were you prescribed Tamoxifen? How severe were any side effects?
Customer: I have been taking tamoxifen since January 2020. I have been having pains in my back and legs all morning and took my tamoxifen after breakfast as usual and I had a paracetamol at 10.30 this morning, had lunch and was sitting down at 2.30 and still had pains in my legs so went to the kitchen to get another paracetamol then realised i;d taken another tamoxifen instead. Help please.
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about the back pain?
Customer: No.
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 9 days ago.

One extra dose will not cause any problem for you.

You can continue with tamoxifen tomorrow as usual.