Dr Hayat
Dr Hayat, Consultant Internal and Critical Care Medicine
Experience:  Expert
113699036

Can someone please examine a ultrasound image of my left

Can someone please examine a ultrasound image of my left axillia please

Hi..Dr Hayat here...Yes I can..Please send it along with the clinical details

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Pic 1
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Pic 2
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Pic 3
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Pic 4

Why was this ultrasound done ?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
This was done privately after I found a lump in my left axillia
I just want someone else opinion pleas

Looks like a lymph node and needs to be tested by FNAC Ultra sound guided

Well defined oval hypoechoic nodule of given size in left axilla with loss of fatty hilum provided it’s a lymphnode. Given the loss of fatty hilum in a young female this appears to be a reactive lymphnode secondary to a primary in ipsilateral breast.

You need to get your breasts examined too at the breast clinic

Is there any thing else you need to know?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Sorry is this anything to worry about ?
I’ve had my breast examined and nothing felt

The safe way forward is to get an FNAC though I don't see anything alarming at the moment from the history you mentioned

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
On the report it says possible limpoma ? But you say you can see lymph node isit

The physical examination is missing here ..that's the drawback of telemedicine...So cannot say that without having a feel of it

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ahh you can’t tell that on the report of the ultrasound I sent you can you doctor

Have already told you.  But clinical correlation with the exam is equally important to narrow the diagnosis.  Which is missing here. You cannot interpret an investigation all by its own

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Sorry I don’t understand what you mean doctor ? I just wanted an opinion as I’ve been told differ t things that’s all and it’s worried me slightly
Clinical correlation what does this mean ? Why didn’t my doctor do this

Correlating the findings of the history and physical exam with the investigations.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
with the findings and the physical exam it’s benign ?

I have not examined you myself..

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
but you just saidCorrelating the findings of the history and physical exam with the investigations.Soo ……

Yes but for that I have to examine you and pick up the physical findings which obviously I cant

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I can tell you it’s a small lump very hard to find impossible to see but doesn’t feel like that on the other armpit
It’s in the higher of the armpit I wouldn’t say it’s bigger than pea

In that case, just observe it...Don do anything...Will keep monitoring it...And relax ...

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
That’s all doctor have you had case where it’s taken this long for a lymph node to go down or isit just normal part do you think

O yes..it can take longer even..

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Can it really ? Everything I seem to read on google points to ahh only 3 weeks and should go down which is what really got me thinking
That’s what I needed to know doctor that it does take long than 3 months seems it is gradually going down

Anyway,  please feel free to contact if you have any further queries or need to follow up.  Best wishes.