Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, including surgery, general medicine, and pain.
18722459

I woke up today with quite a sore throat. I had spicy sushi

I woke up today with quite a sore throat. I had spicy sushi the night before. In the morning it somewhat hurt to swallow and it hurt when I coughed to clear my throat.I don’t have a cough, meaning I don’t compulsively cough although I do cough occasionally more today. Yesterday I think I got some hair stuck on the back of my throat and I was coughing and I don’t know if I’ve irritated it or something.I don’t have a fever and I don’t have a cold. My windpipe somewhat hurts a little bit if I cough.Is this covid? I don’t have any body pains or anything like that nor do I have head aches.
But I am slightly anxious and panicked by it.I have no problems breathing either. And it’s also 60 per cent better from this morning.This isn’t pneumonia is it doc?I’m 26 no medical history or using any medicine and I was drinking on Thursday and I did smoke 5 cigarettes yesterday but none today.

Hi there

Not covid or pneumonia

Just a mild throat irritation and not an infection

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Yeah the cough feels more like me trying scratch an itch dr.Thanks for helping doc!

My plesure