Dr Hayat
Dr Hayat, Consultant Internal and Critical Care Medicine
Experience:  Expert
113699036

I’m 18 years old and I have a large mass - more of a

Customer Question

I’m 18 years old and I have a large mass - more of a ‘thickening’ but somewhat defined - mass in my breast. It’s at least theI have tiny breasts, one of my breasts in soft - and to be honest appears ‘undeveloped’ or hardly so, the other I happened to notice was rock solid underneath, and if Igrabbed the breast I could really feel this huge ‘mass thing’ basically the size of my breast underneath.I completely freaked out and have been referred to a breast clinic but I was given no clues as to what it could be?
Expert:  Dr Hayat replied 15 days ago.

Hi...Dr Hayat here...in which part of the breast is that located ?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
The whole breast to be honest
Expert:  Dr Hayat replied 15 days ago.

You will need a mammogram or a sonomammogram and if required a fine needle aspiration cytology to rule out breast malignancy..

Expert:  Dr Hayat replied 15 days ago.

Have you checked your axilla for any lumps or masses?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I didn’t feel anything
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I’ve already been referred but was alarmed by the no indication of what it could be
Expert:  Dr Hayat replied 15 days ago.

Ok. But ya that's the way forward to it as I just said above

Expert:  Dr Hayat replied 15 days ago.

A breast malignancy needs to be ruled out. That can only be done by a careful breast exam and tests as I said

Expert:  Dr Hayat replied 15 days ago.

Is there anything else you need to know?

Expert:  Dr Hayat replied 15 days ago.

Please feel free to contact if you have any further queries or need to follow up.  Regards.