M Javid, MD
M Javid, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  American Board of Internal Medicine Certification in Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases
28778822

Yesterday I found out that I am pregnant 5+ weeks, And today

Customer Question

Hi there, yesterday I found out that I am pregnant 5+ weeks
JA: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?
Customer: And today i am having brawn spoting
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don't know who is my doctor
Expert:  M Javid, MD replied 8 days ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer.

I'm Dr. Javid, and I'll assist you today.

I need a bit more information.

Do you have any cramps?

Is there a bad odor to this discharge?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi there I am having dark brown spoting sometimes more red like blood, i don't have cramps but I feel uncomfortable
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Is not any odor

Ok, got it.

I will answer in 5 minutes, thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Since yesterday I am having this secretion and is not exactly bleading, but sometimes it is more red

If there is slow bleeding, blood can change color and appear brown.

And you can have bleeding and spotting in early pregnancy without anything being wrong necessarily.

Early in pregnancy, when bleeding occurs, we do blood HCG levels 2-3 days apart to see if the level is rising normally.

This can help us determine if the bleeding is from an abnormal pregnancy or not.

You also need to have an ultrasound, and a pelvic exam, to make sure everything is ok. During the pelvic exam, the amount of blood and whether the cervix is closed can be checked.

After 6 weeks, an ultrasound can be done to see if the baby is growing normally and has a heartbeat. This is the best way to check the baby’s well-being. Over 90% of women with a first-trimester bleed won’t miscarry if the fetal heartbeat is seen.

So I would recommend you notify your Ob/Gyn that you are having light bleeding so they can order the blood tests and do an exam as I suggested.

Meanwhile, you should rest as much as possible, drink plenty of fluids, avoid strenuous exercise, or lift heavy things.

Also abstain from sex, till this settles.

I hope this helps?

Please let me know if you have any questions about this.

Do you require any other information?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you very much for information

I wish you all the best.

Please complete a positive answer rating, thanks.