Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I woke up this morning with a weird pain in my throat and

I woke up this morning with a weird pain in my throat and I’ve got this tickle which makes me cough but I can stop myself from coughing. It’s like this urge to cough but not being compiled to cough.Yesterday I had some spicy food.I don’t have any covid symptoms like body pain or shortness of breath.My windpipe does hurt a little bit when I cough even though I don’t cough often.Drinking and eating is fine there is almost no pain just a little tickle or awareness.Last night I got a hair stuck in my throat and I was coughing to clear it, could this be like a little tear that is causing this feeling?This isn’t pneumonia is it?I’m fully vaccinated with the Pfizer vaccine and also I’m a male 26

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

It can be due to some mucous buildup caused by irritation due to spicy food. It can happen sometimes. No other symptom is reassuring. Take an ibuprofen and do salt water gargles and see how it evolves.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you. I will be happy to help you if you have any other questions in the future.

Best wishes.

Have a great day.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Is this anything serious?

It does not sound anything seerious.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
not pneumonia doc?

No not pneumonia, no worries.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I took some lozanges and already feel so much better

That is great.