How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Anil Kumar Your Own Question
Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 16257
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Anil Kumar is online now

I am 32, and have been having left ear ache for the past 2

This answer was rated:

Hi. I am 32, and have been having left ear ache for the past 2 days. I have sensation of fullness in my ear, and my ear drum seems sensitive [loud noise worsens pain]. Yesterday, I started noticing a discharge — yellowish, not foul smelling. I have no fever, I'm not feeling unwell, and I have no itchiness, or ringing sensation in my ear.
JA: Are you experiencing any dizziness? Do you have a fever?
Customer: Hi
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: No dizziness. No fever
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Nothing else. Thanks

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

And I would serve you with care and patience.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thanks for the prompt response

I understand your concern.
And it’s my first privilege to pay attention and provide you with suggestions to relieve your discomfort/ worry.

Well as you describe, it sounds like Eustachian tube blockage/ ear infection.

Do steam inhalation and saline gargles.
You should take the nasal saline spray and OTC Nasonex spray.
You should take Ibuprofen and Nightnurse/Claritin.
You should hydrate yourself with warm liquids.
You should start a multivitamin supplement and vitamin C lozenges.
Elevate your head while lying down.

If your symptoms will persist then see your doctor for further evaluation and management.

Hope I have been able to clarify the situation for you and helped in resolving your query.
Let me know if you have any further queries so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.

I wish you good health.
Kind Regards

Dr Anil Kumar and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you