Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

I've read that feeling heavy in the legs when leaving a

I've read that feeling heavy in the legs when leaving a swimming pool is down to poor blood circulating as is siiting down then finding it difficult to move when standing up, or standing stationery for a while then finding it difficult to walk off. I have had high blood pressure 220 being the highest however take pills to assist reduction would that cause the stiffness I am 76 but still very active
JA: When did you start using this medication? How severe were any side effects?
Customer: 12 years ago, problems later last two years and really worse now, bit unsteady, allways looking to sit down
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about high blood pressure?
Customer: yes
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Recently had a part replacement on knee

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this.

Please hold on while I type out your answer. This can take a few minutes.

The commonest causes of such weakness in the legs are:
Peripheral neuropathy: common conditions causing this are diabetes, Vit. B deficiency, etc
Lumbar disc lesion: This may be associated with pain in the back and weakness and pain of the legs.
Vascular insufficiency: Atherosclerosis of arteries, spasm, etc, may cause vascular insufficiency which leads to this leg weakness
You should consult your health provider. Discuss all these causes with him and also investigations necessary to rule them out. Doppler study of the circulation in your legs, nerve conduction study to rule out peripheral neuropathy and Xray/CT scan of the lumber vertebrae are necessary to rule out other causes - discuss this with your doctor.
In the meantime, you should take Tab. Vit. B Complex and Cap. Vit. E as supplements, they are available OTC at all pharmacies. You should also take a lot of electrolyte fluids like Gatorade and fruit juices, have 2 liters of fluid in a day (10 glasses of different fluids). Calcium and Magnesium supplements. Other steps you should take are: You should keep your feet elevated at night, put a pillow under your feet. Avoid wearing high heels, wear comfortable shoes. Try to avoid straining legs; do not stand for a long time. Wear loose comfortable underwear and clothing. Apply warm compresses before going to sleep, or soak the feet and calf in a tub of warm water with a little salt.
These steps will help you - you need to undergo thorough investigation since you are suffering a lot. I hope this leads to a solution for you.
Hope I have been able to clarify the situation for you and helped in resolving your query.

If you are happy with my service, your 5-star rating at this time is most welcome.. If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.

Thank you and I wish you the best of health - stay safe!

Dr. P. Jyoti

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I had my blood sampled for diabetes and was told no problem, I appeared to have all the symptoms especially overtired but know something is wrong. Blurred vision and dissiness also problem, tried investigating blood pressure pills to see if they were causing problems, but no
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
sorry got to go just e-mail reply

Sorry, I am unable to call you now. Your call request is open to all experts, someone will call you soon. If the call is not made, you will be refunded. Meanwhile I will help you through text.

You should approach your doctor and ask for the tests I suggested.