Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

My daughter has diagnosed with complex visual migraines and

My daughter has diagnosed with complex visual migraines and has been suffering a migraine since Thursday, and paracetamol is not helping. What else can I giver her to try and help?
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: No Nausea, and has been continual since Thursday, but she is suffering visual distrubance
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No, she is just getting really upset and frustrated with it. I did wonder if she is getting stressed as she has an exam at the weekend, and this is making it worse

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this.

Please provide some more information so that I can provide you with a better informed answer.

What is your age?

Has she been seen by a doctor for her migraines? Any medicines prescribed?

Please provide this info and I will help you further with my answer.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
She is 10 years old. She has been see at the hospital, the diagnosed Visual Disturbance Migraines. After weighing and measuring her they said 1 paracetamol. She was on Pizotifen for three months, however these have not been taken for approx a year, but this is the worse migraine she has suffered. They felt it might be hormone related. Her MRI came back clear.

Paracetamol will not help in migraines.

You should consult her doctor again, she needs treatments like Ergot tablets or nasal sprays which are specific for migraines and will help her.

If you cannot get an immediate appointment you should go to the hospital and ask for this.

An element of stress and anxiety is often related to headaches in children, you should also take her to the counsellor for this.

Hope I have been able to clarify the situation for you and helped in resolving your query.
If you are happy with my service, your 5-star rating at this time is most welcome.. If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.
Thank you and I wish you the best of health - stay safe!
Dr. P. Jyoti

Hope this helps.