Dr Hayat
Dr Hayat, Consultant Internal and Critical Care Medicine
Experience:  Expert
113699036

My son is having a rush on his skin and I think it may be an

Hi , my son is having a rush on his skin and I think it may be an allergic reaction. The doctor said not to worry but I’m . It keeps appearing and disappearing multiple times a day
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I did and he is under piriteze
JA: Is there anything else the Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Yea that he had an allergic reaction in 2019 and he had his face and lip very swollen and we ended up in A&E having convulsions but still the doctors weren’t worried 😟
JA: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?
Customer: no injuries and he was swollen when we had that episode in 2019 and a bit this morning his upper lip

Hi...Dr Hayat here..Do u mind sending me a picture?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
N
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
File attached (37Z41VL)

Yup..This is Urticaria...Its an allergic reaction involving the skin...You need to get tested for the allergen causing this..there are specific tests for that...in addition need to check serum eosinophils and IgE levels....Meanwhile you need to start on regular Cetrzine..one tablet taken once daily indefinitely till the test for allergens come back..

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Cetrzine , can I get this without prescription? He is now under piriteze sirup

Yes...Its over the counter..

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you very much , could you recommend a private clinic I could test in Sheffield, Chesterfield area please ?

Hmmmm...I'm not sure to be honest...Try searching it online..

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No problem , thanks a lot

Pleasure.  Please feel free to contact if you have any further queries or need to follow up.  Best wishes.

Tc