Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

I have a mild oedema of the quadratus femoris muscle it’s

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I have a mild oedema of the quadratus femoris muscle it’s been going on for months
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I have done an mri and seen an urologist but I didn’t take medication
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: yeah my abdomen hurts and I felt some needle to the testicle sometimes
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: the pain is consistent

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this.

Please provide some more information so that I can provide you with a better informed answer.

What is your age and gender?

How long have you been having these symptoms?

Have you seen a doctor for this? Any tests done?

Please provide this info and I will help you further with my answer.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hello, I’m a 35 yo male from Italy.
I went to the urologist as I had a pain in the groin and abdomen for around 3 months. I did an mri and the results are the following:
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
MR Pelvis
Clinical:
Right hip and groin pain. Lymph nodes in the right groin. History of previous left sided seminoma treated in 2010 with testicular removal and chemotherapy for recurrent in 2013
Findings:
Both hip joints show fairly symmetrical outline. There is no MR evidence of any labral tear or degeneration on the small field of view images of the right hip. The articular cartilage overlying the anterior superior acetabulum and the adjacent femoral head is generally well maintained. A smooth peri-labral recess is noted anterior superiorly.
There is no CAM deformity of the femoral head neck junction. There is no joint effusion or synovitis. There is no MR evidence of AVN or any stress fracture. The marrow returns normal signal with no MR evidence of any metastatic disease.
The left hip also appears unremarkable.
The greater and lesser trochanters show normal outline with no tendinopathy or bursitis.
The origin of the rectus femoris is well-maintained.
The symphysis pubis shows normal marrow signal with no evidence of osteitis pubis. The adductor origin is well preserved.
The ischial tuberosity hamstring origin is well-maintained bilaterally. There is mild oedema of the quadratus femoris muscle in the ischiofemoral space although no significant narrowing of the space is seen. This may imply an element of ischio-femoral impingement in the correct clinical context
The SI joints are within normal limits.
Pelvic visceral outline is well preserved. A prosthesis seen in the left hemi scrotum.
Small lymph nodes are seen in the groin on either side but these are not enlarged on the size criteria.
Impression:
Unremarkable appearance of the pelvis and right hip on MR
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I went to the urologist because I had seminoma with a recurrence. It was cured with chemo years ago and the urologist referred me for follow up but seems to exclude recurrences.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
The pain is still there anyways and I need to sort that out. It’s some days that I have a pain in the stomach and right abdomen, I don’t understand if it’s related or it’s the constant stress and anxiety that this unresolved situation is bringing

This is a very mild finding.

It is not concerning at all.

It will not cause you any problems dont worry.

You should now do regular stretching exercises for the femoris muscle. This will be sufficient to get rid of this mild edema.

Hope I have been able to clarify the situation for you and helped in resolving your query.
If you are happy with my service, your 5-star rating at this time is most welcome.. If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.
Thank you and I wish you the best of health - stay safe!
Dr. P. Jyoti

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I tried and I keep on doing it but didn’t work… also I don’t understand this sudden pain in the abdomen that is been there for a week now as well as the feeling of a needle in the testicle from time to time (this happened just for 3 days)

You should go for a checkup to your GP.

Pain in the testes could be due to epididymitis, an inflammation of the testes linings.

You should also be aware that there is often a psychological input to this due to health anxiety developing about the pain and irritation.

You may have developed a health anxiety about this, and your constant thinking about the irritation may in fact have caused you to develop this irritation. It myay be a functional symptom for you and not physical.

You have to try to overcome this with your strength of mind. You can also discuss with your doctor about taking anti stress medicines for this health anxiety.