Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, including surgery, general medicine, and pain.
18722459

Doctor. The sensation still hasn't left or eased in two

Hi, doctor. The sensation still hasn't left or eased in two weeks. Is this completely normal to take longer to go away?

Hi there

What sensation?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I was twisting and bending my neck in an awkward position for one week, I kept checking on the side of my abdomom on my actual side, I carried two bags of coal also then the day after I was eating dinner and half way through my dinner I started feel a strange sensation everytime I swallowed,it'smore of a discomfort than a pain. When I swallow solid foods it happens, as soon as I swallow solid foods the sensation/discomfort happens and when the food passes on down the sensation/discomfort instantly goes away. Until I swallow again. I believe I have strained my trapezius muscle but is this normal when you strain to much for these symptoms to occur when swallowing? No medical history, I don't drink or smoke I'm no on medication. The sensation/discomfort has been there for two weeks everytime I swallow solid foods but once the passes on down the sensation/discomfort stops instantly. Is this because I strained my trapezius muscle after bending and twisting my neck for a whole week in an awkward position? I will send photos of location.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
The location is where the orange dot is.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
The discomfort/sensation can best be described like, if you stretch your neck to far forward, you know that sensation/discomfort? That's what I feel with each food I swallow in my back.

I remember

Why does this worry you so?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Can I call you?

Sorry--I can't do a call

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
OK, Doctor. All I basically want to know is it completely normal all I describedwith a strain? I've had the sensation/discomfort for two weeks and hasn't ease, is this completely normal also and could this take a month or so to heal or go away?

Completely normal and it should resolve in another week

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
But if it takes longer I should not worry at all?

No need to worry

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Doctor, everything you have told me, is the same as every other doctor. They tell me its simply a strain and everytime I swallow food I get the discomfort sensation is normal with a strain and I should not worry at all.Why can I never trust what all the doctors told me on just answer? Or anyone in that fact? So it could take a month for sensation discomfort to leave in my back every time I swallow food, its everytime food travels down I feel that sensation discomfort in my back then it goes away until I swallow again. Doctor, I've got to make a decision to trust you. And I will trust what you say.

You need therapy for your health anxiety problem

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Maybe I should just wise up and trust that it's a sprain after you, a professional doctor telling me that it is. Isn't that right, Doctor.

That's right

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
That's what I needed. Someone to bring me back to reality. Thank you. God bless you.

My pleasure

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi, doctor. The same time I told you my problem earlier I also told another doctor at the same time. Although they just replied saying that I shouldn't be feeling this discomfort when swallowing food in my back, after two weeks from the sprain? Why are they telling me that?

I don't know

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
He said I should act upon it and get an MRI scan now. I wish I only messaged one doctor. Should I just stay relaxed and wait till it heals?

I completely disagree with him

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
You have helped me much more, so I can trust you more. So I don't need to go for an MRI to check my spine?

You don't need that

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Yeah, Doctor was from India probably different methods in different cultures. OK doctor. I'm shutting up now and relaxing, the tension isn't helping my back. Thank you.

My pleasure