Shahid Karim
Shahid Karim, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MBChB
111381268

I am extremely stressed due to an irregular heartbeat (AF)

I am extremely stressed due to an irregular heartbeat (AF) W
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Yes I went to a & e this morning and was advised that they were not sure if a cardio version or an ablation would help due to my age 84 years ..I am desperate and in tears at present . Am on bisoprolol.. this was brought to the fore again having in the past month suffered sepsis and pancreatitis..I sm in desperate need of help and advice.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I think for the present this information should suffice...am totally at a loss regarding my age being brought into it??

Hi ...Dr Hayat here...Please tell me a bit more in detail..will try to sort it out

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Was given 2 ablation in 2015 and 2016...have had no problem since the second procedure until I had pancreatitis 2 weeks ago. I just feel there must be a way of bringing my heart back into sinus rhythm asap
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Is there a problem...I have paid a further £34?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
If unable to phone me please arrange refund of £34

Hi, thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear about recent events. Bear with me I can give you a call in two minutes.

Shahid Karim, Board Certified MD
Experience: MBChB

I hope that helped and you get through this as soon as possible. All the very best for the future.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Dear dr. Karim, thank you so very much for your advice and understanding. I now have something to work on and am feeling much better after our conversation. I shall follow your advice and hopefully will get a result. God bless and my great appreciation. Sheila Stead

You're too kind. Glad I could help if even a little. All the very best.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.

Dear dr Karim,

To say am in a & e (for 3 hours) and asked to see the on call cardiologist.. doesnt work like that I was advised..if and when you see a dr. He decides if you need to see a cardiologist. Believe the wait can take up to 9 hours so looks like a long haul and again getting nowhere once again will be the outcome. Again many thanks for your kind advice. Sorry to have stopped my membership but feel I would prefer to contact you as and when.

Sheila Stead

Completely understand. I sincerely ***** ***** get to see a specialist and get through this. All the very best.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you Dr Karim and wish you every success for the future.
Regards *****
Customer: replied 13 days ago.

Just seen a Dr. Discissed the info. suggested and he agreed. with every point..now discussing this with his seniors..to keep you informed

Sheila

Customer: replied 13 days ago.

Dear Dr Karim,

Final decision...arranging an echocardiogram prior to cardio version or ablation within the next few weeks. I feel much happier as something concrete is at last being organised.

Again many thanks for your support and understanding.

Kind regards ***** ***** and yours.

Sheila Stead

Fantastic news, thank you so much for updating me. Many thanks and all the best again!