Dr Baker
Dr Baker, Family Physician
Experience:  MD
108371854

My niece and her daughter have tested positive for covid

My niece and her daughter have tested positive for covid today can my wife still go out shopping with a mask on
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No can't get an appointment but I suffer with copd my wife and I have tested ourselves today and it was negative
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: My wife has diabetes I have acid refluxand take betablockers for panic attacks but haven't had one for a while
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: Symptoms for what

Thank you for contacting Just Answer

I am sorry to hear. Unless your wife lives with your niece or daughter, then this is fine to continue as normal. If however you feel there has been prolonged contact whilst infective, then a PCR test and daily lateral flow tests are advised, but continuing out and about again is fine unless any positive tests or symptoms suggestive of COVID.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
we don't have to isolate even though I myself have copd and we have both had 2 jabs each

Not if you do not live with them.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No call thankyou I think we understand

Not a problem, I hope all is well