Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
4713694

About 3 days ago I woke up with what felt like a mild throat

About 3 days ago I woke up with what felt like a mild throat infection. It hurt a little around my windpipe. Anyways 3 days pass and there is no pain anywhere but there is a little itchy cough I get to clear my throat, as if I’m trying scratch an itch?Is this a dangerous cough? I have no medical
Conditions or on any medicines. I shouldn’t have smoked yesterday because it was actually nearly fully recovered yesterday but I had 3 cigarettes and I don’t know if that aggravated it a little.Anyways no pain eating or drinking or swallowing in general. I’m 26 and fully vaccinated with the Pfizer vaccine.Could this be pneumonia?Or is my anxiety acting up.Again it’s like a cough that I’m trying scratch some kind of itch if that makes sense.I’ve been having strepsels lozanges and they’ve really helped.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

And I would serve you with care and patience.

I understand your concern.
And it’s my first privilege to pay attention and provide you with suggestions to relieve your discomfort/ worry.

Well as you describe, it sounds like a mild case of pharyngitis.

Do oral betadine rinse and saline gargles.

You should hydrate yourself with warm liquids, honey tea, ginger tea.
You should start a multivitamin supplement and vitamin C lozenges.

Take OTC Prilosec, Motrin and Claritin for a few days.

It's not pneumonia.

Take OTC Robitussin DM for a cough.
Elevate your head while lying down.

If your symptoms will persist then see your doctor for further evaluation and management.

Hope I have been able to clarify the situation for you and helped in resolving your query.
Let me know if you have any further queries so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
with pharyngitis you get this cough that is like trying to scratch an itch in the throat?Is this anything serious?Do you think most likely it will go away on its own doc?

Yes, it may possible.

It's nothing serious.

Try such measures.