Dr Geyik, MBBS
Dr Geyik, MBBS,
Experience:  Expert
113018656

I’d like a full STI screening in a clinic but don’t know

I’d like a full STI screening in a clinic but don’t know where to find one
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: no I haven’t
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I found out recently my long term partner has had chlamydia and never told me so I’d like full screening

Hello. This is Dr Geyik and I will be assisting you today.

You can go to your local Sexual Health Clinic for STI testing. You can get the details from internet or your GP practice. You do not need an appointment and they are walk in clinics.

Some GP practices might also do STI screening but it is usually the Sexual Health Clinics that do the screening without any appointment.

You can google Sexual Health Clinic in your local area or go to NHS choices website to find all the services.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I contacted one this morning but it was by appointment - I will call my GP to ask about walk ins

Yes there should be lots of walk in clinics too

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I’ve got an appointment but not for 3 weeks and would like this to be sorted sooner
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Okay thank you I will speak to my GP

You are welcome.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I will end the conversation and rate you now, have a good day

Thank you. Hope it all goes well