Dr Hayat
Dr Hayat, Consultant Internal and Critical Care Medicine
Experience:  Expert
113699036

My son il has covid and has tested positive. For the last

Hi thereMy son il has covid and has tested positive. For the last few days I have been really unwell and have a cough and yet I keep testing negative on Pcr and LFT. I have had about six PCRs now as has my daughter (who is also unwell) as there is an outbreak in their school.How long after having symptoms would it typically show on a PCR?

Hi...Dr Hayat here..When it is covid and the patient has symptoms, it should show up on pcr..if not , and repeatedly tested negative , the chances of being covid are virtually nil.

The sampling should be done properly and the kits reliable. That's the only other thing to keep in mind .

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Great thank you

Pleasure.  Please feel free to contact if you have any further queries or need to follow up..