Dr Hayat
Dr Hayat, Consultant Internal and Critical Care Medicine
Experience:  Expert
113699036

My uncle passed away 2 months ago. I found him dead and

My uncle passed away 2 months ago. I found him dead and tried doing CPR on him but I failed. It came back that he died from heart failure at age 53 but in reality it was caused by a broken heart.A year previously, my aunty, his sister knocked his door and he answered and told her to come in and she walked in and he was standing completely naked and my aunty knew that something was wrong because this was out of his character, he said to her, I can't come to the door I've no clothes on, he said it like everything was normal. Now please understand he did not do this in a rude or perverted way, even my aunty knew that it wasn't in a dirty way so please understand that. My question is, what would make someone be aware that they had no clothes on (as he stated that when my aunty walked in and seen him naked) but at the same time let her see him like this and to him this was normal like he was in reality but not in a strange way. Next time my aunty seen him he acted normal like nothing occurred. Like nothing happened in the first place. Could this be due to a mental breakdown that no one noticed? We are a close family but my uncle never went to a doctor in his life, he wasn't the type. He lost a lot of people in his life because of death. Or could this be a symptom of heart failure that causes this but no one knew about?

Hi ..Dr Hayat here...it is difficult to say why he acted that way, only his close ones can tell what might be going through his mind, but for sure this is not a sign of heart failure...

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
That's the point he hid every problem he had. He always had to much pride or dignity. Can a mental breakdown cause this? I found this out after his death.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
When I seen him for short periods of time, I didn't notice a difference but I did notice in the last year of his life, he wasn't as boystrous.

A mental breakdown can but there has to be a  reason for that.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
What like?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Like off the record, what do you think?

I don know.  Can be multiple reasons for that...Work , family etc etc..only his close ones can tell the root cause..

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I was one of his close ones. Yet I don't even know. What would cause this mentally. Like you said "It could be a mental breakdown but there has to be a reason for that" I don't understand that.

Sometimes the person going through some thing doesn't like to share it. So it can be difficult to find out the root cause in such people

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
But a mental breakdown could be the root cause?

I said could be. But only an interview with that person face to face could have  confirmed that.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I'm only asking because every single night God sends, I see him when I close my eyes, after failing CPR on him then finding out this, it only makes it worse. When I close my eyes each night before I even sleep, he appears to me. I was just asking to help myself in a way and to makes sense of it all, but thank you.

Rest assured its non of your fault in anyway. You did your best. Not all cprs even in the best of centres succeed.  So in no way can you blame yourself.  People are good at hiding mental issues even from the very close ones. Not all of them come up with it. So you need to relax on that front too..

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** appreciate your kindness.

Take care of your self and feel free to contact if you have any further queries or need to follow up.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I will keep that in mind doctor. I truly appreciate it. Thank you.

Tc