Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

I have a rash on my right breast. The rash comes and goes, i

Hello, I have a rash on my right breast. The rash comes and goes, i had on the left aswell, im very scared, it is posible to be icb?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Yes, now the rash is gone but i have a purple stain instead

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this.

Please share a pic. You can send a pic by attaching an image using the paperclip icon at the top or bottom of your chatbox.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
File attached (1PQS4TG)
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
File attached (VZPTLVL)
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Now is peeling aswell
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hello? You're still here?

Yes I am reviewing your pics

Since when have you had this rash?

Is the rash itchy?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
2 months, yes is itchy

Sorry for the delay in answering as I was offline for some time.

The most common causes of such prolonged rashes is a continued Allergy/Atopic dermatitis. This is often provoked by continued and repeated exposure to some allergen. You need to pay careful attention to your environment to see if you can find out any allergen which could be the cause.

Insect bites are a possibility. Mosquite, horsefly, ticks, midge or gnats, fireants, chiggers, etc can cause such reactions. It could also be related to certain medicines, foods, suppments, etc. Check out whether there is any medication associated with the rash. . Also try to recall any associated foods, specially foods like nuts, some new types of meat, fish, etc before this rash started. You could be having a food allergy. You should also watch out for any soaps or detergents. Cosmetics like moisturisers could be the cause. Also try to recall any activities associated with this, like hiking to some place, cleaning the house or some area of the house, some hobby like wood working etc which coincide with the rashes.
If you find anything which could have caused the allergy, then you have to avoid it. However, quite as often, no definite cause of such allergic reactions can be found, do not worry if this is so. Most of the time, cause for Atopic dermatitis is not detected.

You should take an antihistaminic like Cap. Claritin (OTC) one capsule daily. Also apply 1% Hydrocortisone ointment. This will get rid of the rash.

However, if the rashes keep recurring, you should see a doctor. Other causes like scabies and fungal infections may be implicated. Less common causes like skin infections, autoimmune conditions like psoriasis, etc would need to be ruled out.

Hope I have been able to clarify the situation for you and helped in resolving your query.

If you are happy with my service, your 5-star rating at this time is most welcome.. If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.

Thank you and I wish you the best of health - stay safe!

Dr. P. Jyoti