Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor
Experience:  Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.
239748

I have a very painful and swollen left knee. I have had this

I have a very painful and swollen left knee. I have had this for 4 days and have been using ice packs on the knee, also heat.My doctor can not give me an line consultation until 22nd Sept: Can you help please?
JA: Have you used any medication for the swelling?
Customer: no
JA: Got it. What did you discuss at your last visit to the doctor?
Customer: Blood pressure and arthritis in my right hand
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I had a similar experience some 15 years back and my GP drained it.

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer. Thank you for your question. I’m Dr. Gupta and I can help you today. I'll be back in a moment with my reply!

I am sorry to hear that,

I would certainly encourage you to get to the ER if the problem has not improved after 4 days, this will need a physical evaluation and possibly prescription medicines and even drainage, Do not delay if there is no improvement after 4 days,

Warm regards