Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have an issue regarding frequent urinating, I tried

Hi, I have an issue regarding frequent urinating
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I tried macrobid but it doesn’t seem to have worked
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

How long you have this problem?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
About 2 weeks. It only really bothers me when I am sitting. When I am laid down it is fine and when I am standing it is usually fine

Ok likely overactive bladder problem

Overactive bladder, also called OAB, causes a frequent and sudden urge to urinate that may be difficult to control. You may feel like you need to pass urine many times during the day and night, and may also experience unintentional loss of urine (urgency incontinence).

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi would you be able to give me a call to discuss please?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
What causes an overactive bladder?

unable to call you now.

please continue here

Overactive bladder occurs because the muscles of the bladder start to contract involuntarily even when the volume of urine in your bladder is low. These involuntary contractions create an urgent need to urinate.

Several conditions may contribute to signs and symptoms of overactive bladder, including:

• Neurological disorders, such as stroke and multiple sclerosis
  • Diabetes
  • Urinary tract infections that can cause symptoms similar to those of an overactive bladder
  • Hormonal changes during menopause in women
  • Abnormalities in the bladder, such as tumors or bladder stones
  • Factors that obstruct bladder outflow — enlarged prostate, constipation or previous operations to treat other forms of incontinence

Other factors that may be associated with your symptoms include:

• Medications that cause a rapid increase in urine production or require that you take them with lots of fluids
  • Excess consumption of caffeine or alcohol
  • Incomplete bladder emptying, which may lead to symptoms of overactive bladder, as you have little urine storage space left

The specific cause of an overactive bladder may be unknown.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Why does it only really bother me when I am sitting and not when I am standing or laying down?

due to any of the above possibilities mentioned