Dr Baker
Dr Baker, Family Physician
Experience:  MD
108371854

I found a lump on thyroid have been for ultrasound 3week ago

I found a lump on thyroid have been for ultrasound 3week ago my doctor has referred me to ent specialist and said I have to be seen urgent within two week why
JA: How long have you had the lump? Is it hard or soft?
Customer: About maybe 6/8 weeks and its quit hard
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: My doctor said sommit about blood cells or sommit but when she said urgent and two week window I kinda froze and went through yeah OK mode

Thank you for contacting Just Answer

An lump on the thyroid should be assessed via an urgent pathway, this is why your doctor has done this. This is fundamentally to exclude serious causes however most are benign but need further investigation first.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I have had blood tests for under/over active activity and these came back fine

That is reassuring, but it should still be investigated.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
She said they may do either an other ultrasound or a camera through nostril wot should I expect at my appointment

I suspect an ultrasound, as a nasendoscopy (camera through the nose) can only tell you about some of your nose and throat.

They may suggest a fine need biopsy at some point if not sure of the cause. Or repeat the Ultrasound scan to monitor it.