How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RK Your Own Question
RK, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 4426
Experience:  MD, DM
Type Your Medical Question Here...
RK is online now

I am post menopausal and have recently had sex after 3 years

This answer was rated:

I am post menopausal and have recently had sex after 3 years abstaining. This has caused me to suffer from Cystitis and early signs of thrush. I do not take HRT but do take Menopace daily and have just started to administer Ovestin. Should I consider HRT? When spoke with my GP a few years ago, they prescribed gabapentin rather than HRT
JA: How long have you been using HRT? Has it helped at all?
Customer: Two days
JA: Got it. Have you used anything besides HRT for this?
Customer: nothing
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I had a C section with extended breach 21 years ago, otherwise nothing elseCustomer: Chat is completed


Thanks for posting your query.

I am Dr.Ratkin and I am pleased to assist you.

Ovestin is good enough and you can continue using it.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Would you recommend anything else to ensure the health of my vagina

Ovestin acts as local replacement therapy and relieves symptoms like dryness , irritation etc.

You continue using it.

You can expect good relief in 3-4 weeks.

RK and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you