Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, including surgery, general medicine, and pain.
18722459

After a couple days of sore throat and coughing I started

After a couple days of sore throat and coughing I started having several nosebleeds and completely lost my voice, but I don't have a registered GP yet so I got very concerned, having only taken paracetemol and ibuprofen to not much help
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? Do you have a fever?
Customer: I dont have a thermometer with me so I can't check, but ive had the sore throat and cough for 5 days now. i have felt hot on the neck here and there, but not consistently
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have adverse reaction to some medication as I have G6PD, but thats about it

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Sounds as though you need antibiotics for this and an urgent care centre doctor can take care of the for you

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I'm concerned over what the disease might be, seeing it closely resemble the flu/Cold but also bronchitis

It's likely either a sinus infection or bronchitis

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
are those able to be cured through a pharmacy or should I contact the hospital?

You'll need antibiotics for those

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
What foods should I avoid eating right now? I called the NHS this morning as I didn't have a GP and the operator suggested yogurt and ice cream to help soothe the throat

There's nothing you need to avoid

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Why so? Thought there would be certain foods that would be bad to consume when you have a sore throat?

Not so

Although hot beverages might not be a good idea

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I see, at the moment the thing that inhibits me the most is that my voice is completely gone, I can barely speak in audible sentences. are there any treatments specifically for it quickly

Warm salt water gargles and Chamomile tea

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Is my symptoms infectious? Should I avoid going outside before it heals

Not contagious and you can go outside

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Ok, thanks for the consultation

My pleasure

I'm here if you ever need me again