Dr Geyik, MBBS
Dr Geyik, MBBS,
Experience:  Expert
113018656

Ive had bad pain which I believe to be in my kidneys since

Customer Question

Hi ive had bad pain which I believe to be in my kidneys since yesterday morning and can't get through to my gp at the moment
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: Had pain for 24 hours, laying down seems to ease it
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Expert:  Dr Geyik, MBBS replied 16 days ago.

Hello. This is Dr Geyik and I will be assisting you today.

Can I please ask your age?

And do you have pain anywhere else, does it radiate, any fever, blood in the urine, urinary frequency, vomiting, or other symptoms?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
49 years old, yesterday felt a bit faint

Do you have any of the above symptoms?

You might have urine infection, kidney infection, or kidney stones. It is difficult to make a proper diagnosis online as we need to check your urine and complete a physical assessment. Are you able to see your GP today?

The other option is to call 111 if you can't get hold of your GP but they only see patients after 18.30 and weekends.

You may also go to Walk in Clinic if there is one in your local area; or go to A+E if you feel unwell.