Dr Baker
Dr Baker, Family Physician
Experience:  MD
108371854

I have missed my period my cycle ranges anywhere between

Customer Question

I have missed my period my cycle ranges anywhere between 26-33 days I was due to come on on the 4th November but have not - my last period was on 4th October. I missed it once in March due to stress and a family death, otherwise I am regular, I did do a test it was negative. I am approx 8days over my periods as per the period tracker app and 10days from the expected date
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: I have had lower abdo, back and pelvis pain
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: periods are very regular
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 16 days ago.

Thank you for contacting Just answer

Expert:  Dr Baker replied 16 days ago.

Have we already spoken?

Expert:  Dr Baker replied 16 days ago.

A delayed period can be nothing to worry about, and often is. Indeed stress can cause it, as well as hormones, and also pregnancy.

Exercise, weight loss and weight gain can also cause this.

If there is a change of pregnancy you should continue with a weekly pregnancy test until your next period.

As this happened already this year I do think it is also reasonable to do a blood test and ultrasound.

Are you trying for a pregnancy?