Caring doc
Caring doc, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Specialist. MBBS,MD
25020506

Gynaecologist, sort of, no

Customer Question

Gynaecologist
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: sort of
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Expert:  Caring doc replied 11 days ago.
Hi.Welcome to just answer.I am caring doc.I can help you today.
I can answer your gynecological question, let me know how can I help you!
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi I’m 6 weeks postpartum my bleeding stopped all together at 3 weeks postpartum on Saturday just gone I thought my period was on it’s way as I noticed spotting dark brown and light pink it stopped Sunday a little bit yesterday again and today it’s definitely not my period as it’s not even enough to fill a liner, postpartum bleeds normally stop at 6 weeks as I’ve had two previous children I no this, previous to my pregnancy I’ve had bleeding once between a period which I was so scared so they did a ultrasound and had a look at cervix and pain in my left hand side during sex but nothing come of that it’s got me so worried what do you think I should do????
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I’ve rang doctors next Tuesday she’s going to look at cervix and take some swabs I had a smear a year ago that was clear I worry about the big C
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
What field do you specialise in please can I ask???
I am an internist, do you want to continue?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok thanks a lot.
Let me review the information, I will be with you shortly!
Respected customer, there is nothing to worry about. You are 6 weeks post partum. This is the time when women usually get their period. The first few periods after delivery can be different from your regular period. They can be lighter or heavier than your regular period.
This is because your body is still going through hormonal changes. It can take few months before you get your regular periods back.
I am not concerned about cancers at all.
They don't happen in few years of your last pap test was normal or low grade.
I would recommend to give your body some time.Wait for couple of months.
I hope it helps.
Let me know if you have any questions please.
I would be glad to help you further.