Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialities
28277873

Well now I have a fever again, cough, mucous, sore throat,

Customer Question

Well now I have a fever again, cough, mucous, sore throat, no voice, lethargy, quick to fatigue, and I seem to be dehydrated despite epic tea consumption
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? Do you have a fever?
Customer: I tested negative for covid via PCR And I do have a fever, again, and a headache
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Not that I can think of
Expert:  Dr. Sohaib replied 20 days ago.

Hello and thank you for the question.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Board Certified Internal Medicine Consultant with over 15 years of experience and I will do my best to help you today.
Let me review your question for a minute and I will get back to you.

I would like to ask few details regarding your symptoms/question to assist you more efficiently.

Since how long do you have current symptoms?

Your age?

Any concurrent medical illness like diabetes?

When did you have the covid test done?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
My symptoms started Friday, and have changed and progressed. I did the covid test yesterday

Do you feel shortness of breath or worsening cough?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I have no voice, so I can't speak
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I don't have diabetes or other comorbidities
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I'm 33, and was very healthy, prior to this

Thank you very much.

Well the first thing in your case is to rule out covid infection; and its very reassuring that the test was negative.

This typically looks like a viral upper respiratory illness and should resolve on its own in few days to a week or so.

Simple home measures like rest, plenty of hot liquids, lemon/honey water (anti-inflammatory), and tylenol (paracetamol) should help.

Additionally if you take steam inhalation twice daily, it will provide soothing effect and will also help drain congestion in the sinuses.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I did another covid test today.

We recommend to repeat the covid test after 48 hours of initial test (if it was negative). Thats good that you already have repeated one.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I'll order another. I've never been sick like this.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
There is nothing else I can do? I've already been doing the above listed for 3 days

You need to give it some time. This is natural cycle of any viral infection, the symptoms will reach its peak in 48 to 72 hours and then will start to resolve gradually.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I've been sick since Friday! That's 5 days of worsening symptoms
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Alright. I feel like I should go to the hospital, this doesn't feel like it's going away.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I'll wait another day

Unless you have high fever, or feel shortness of breath or severe cough, no need to go to ER.

For the time being isolate yourself from others till your repeat covid tests are negative.

Watchfully monitor yourself for another day or so; otherwise go to hospital.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I have a fever, I have shortness of breathe, I have a severe cough!
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I'll wait another day. Thank you for your advice, though I would have liked some better news.

Just wait another day; if not getting better go to hospital.

Good luck and my sincere wishes for your good health.

In the meantime, if you are satisfied with the medical attention I've provided kindly give me a positive rating.
This would be highly appreciated. Thank you so much and I hope I was able to answer your concern.