How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Sohaib Your Own Question
Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 5972
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialities
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Sohaib is online now

Feeling of full bladder but not passing much and feeling

This answer was rated:

Feeling of full bladder but not passing much and feeling very uncomfortable when I try
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Doctor at surgery too busy to talk to me. Taking no medication for this as only started today but
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: ramipril 5 mg, mirtazapine 30 mg, thyroxine, propanalol occasionally
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Insomnia, taking sleeping pill zolpidem

Hello and thank you for the question.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Board Certified Internal Medicine Consultant with over 15 years of experience and I will do my best to help you today.
Let me review your question for a minute and I will get back to you.

I would like to ask few details regarding your symptoms/question to assist you more efficiently.

Your age and sex?

Are you experiencing this for the first time or these symptoms have been recurring?


Customer: replied 2 months ago.
81 female
Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Thank you very much.

This can be a UTI (Urinary tract infection) which can cause frequency, urgency and some times only difficulty in passing urine associated with pain or burning.

Another possibility is of a stone in the bladder obstructing the flow of urine.

At this point, I suggest you to drink plenty of water and take cranberry juice. See if your symptoms improve or not.

This will help produce more urine and flush out the infection but at the same time, you need to visit your doctor to do a simple urine dipstick test in clinic to check if this is UTI. In that case you will require antibiotic course to treat this effectively.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No thank you
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you

Additionally you can ask your doctor to request an ultrasound exam of the bladder to make sure there is no stone or obstruction causing these symptoms. Usually doctors will request ultrasound by themselves but just to let you know in case they don't, you can ask for it.

You can also take Tylenol (paracetamol) to get relief from pain for the time being till you see your doctor.

Good luck and my sincere wishes for your good health.

Dr. Sohaib and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you