Dr Geyik, MBBS
Dr Geyik, MBBS,
Experience:  Expert
113018656

I have a very dry cough, specifically on arising in the

Customer Question

I have a very dry cough, specifically on arising in the morning. Two days ago coughed up red blood-stained phlegm (negative lateral flow C19 test).
JA: Have you used any medication for the cough?
Customer: No.
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about the cough?
Customer: No - I thought I had to call 111 first!
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Have started dental procedure for an implant - a couple of weeks back. ? blood from that?
Expert:  Dr Geyik, MBBS replied 16 days ago.

Hello. This is Dr Geyik and I will be assisting you today.

Can I please ask your age?

Do you have any breathlessness, wheeze, chest pain, other pain, fever, vomiting, or other symptoms?

If you do not have any of these symptoms and your breathing is fine, you can monitor this for now. You can drink plenty of warm drinks with lemon/honey and try steaming.

If you notice another episode of blood in the phlegm, you should make an appointment with your GP for assessment and possible chest X-ray.

And if you are struggling with your breathing now, you should call 111 or attend A+E.