Srividhya V S
Srividhya V S, Doctor
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Dr V S Srividhya
103130152

6 days ago a big heavy slab of concrete fell on my foot. I

Customer Question

6 days ago a big heavy slab of concrete fell on my foot. I didn’t go for X-ray as hospitals busy.Should I go now? Foot black and blue and still swollen but not as much.
JA: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?
Customer: 6 days
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Expert:  Srividhya V S replied 18 days ago.
Hello.
Welcome to just answer.
I am Dr vazsv here to help you.
I completely understand your concern and I would try my best to assist you.From your description it looks like there is probably a hematoma.
The local inflammation would have subsided to some extent however it's advisable for you to go to the hospital and get an x-ray done after proper examination.
Sometimes a local strapping might be required.You can take ibuprofen or diclofenac twice a day until then. This will help in reducing the inflammation and also pain relief.