Shahid Karim
Shahid Karim, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MBChB
111381268

I suspect I may have developed a kidney infection. Ive had a

Customer Question

I suspect I may have developed a kidney infection. Ive had a burning sensation urinating since Sunday which seemed to clear up but is back now with pain in my lower left side of my back. Some nausea and diarrhoea as well
JA: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: No injuries. The pain has steadily increased over the course of the day
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I've had several kidney / urinary infections in the past
Expert:  Shahid Karim replied 15 days ago.

Hi, thanks for getting in touch. Sorry to hear about your symptoms. It does sound like you might have a urine infection. The best bet is to get a sample tested and your GP is best placed to do this. You should also really increase the amount of water you're drinking to help flush it out. Alternatively you could visit your local walk in centre (attached to the A&E) with no appointment usually needed and they're staffed by out of hours GPs who can assess you and give you the treatment you need.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.

You're very welcome, glad I could help if a little. Come back if you've further questions and all the very best.