Dr Geyik, MBBS
Dr Geyik, MBBS,
Experience:  Expert
113018656

Ive been up all night with an awful chesty cough and have

Customer Question

hi there ive been up all night with an awful chesty cough and have not slept. i feel tired and drained. ive done 2 lateral flow covid tests which have come back negative so im sure its not covid.
JA: How long have you had the cough? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: i work as a plasterer and was working in very dusty conditions this week. i feel i could possibly have a chest infection. please could you advise me my options? i really don't like the idea of sitting in a+e or a walk in centre waiting room, as i have a pregnant partner and fear i will catch something else i have been taking day and night nurse for a couple of days however it is persisting
JA: The Doctor will be able to answer that. Where are you located? How widespread is COVID-19 in your area?
Customer: im in redbridge, essex
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: im allergic to penicilin
Expert:  Dr Geyik, MBBS replied 9 days ago.

Hello. This is Dr Geyik and I will be assisting you today.

Can I please ask your age?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
36

Do you have any phlegm with the cough, any breathlessness/wheeze, chest pain, fever, vomiting, loss of sense of smell or taste or other symptoms? Any history of asthma?

The options you have are to either call your GP for a telephone or video consultation or to call 111 as they can make an assessment and prescribe medications if needed.

If you have breathing difficulties, you should call 111 or 999 for more urgent help.