Dr Baker
Dr Baker, Family Physician
Experience:  MD
108371854

Vertigo, yes seen doctor and waiting on mri results. Taken

Customer Question

Vertigo
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: yes seen doctor and waiting on mri results. Taken steroids, antibiotics, betahistine, and just cannot keep going on like this
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no thanks
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 9 days ago.

Thank you for contacting Just Answer

Expert:  Dr Baker replied 9 days ago.

What is your question please?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I have vertigo and tinnitus. Started on 19th October with vertigo attack in the night with sickness too. Was okay for a few days then another attack. Then okay for a week, the. Another attack. Now I seem to feel dizzy every other day. Not badly enough that I can’t get up and do housework etc but still I feel very very run down and so fed up with this. Been dizzy every other day for a week. Waiting on mri results to come back but need to speak to someone in the mean time
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 9 days ago.

I am very sorry to hear that this is ongoing. You are more than welcome to ask any questions about this.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Do you think it sounds like labrythithis?
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 9 days ago.

It is possible that viral labyrinthitis is the cause. What is your age? Are you taking any medication?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
27 and taking betahistine
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Or does it sound more like Menieres?
Brief background before all this I was extremely busy in September, working 12 hour shifts, days and night doing 42-60 hours a week plus busy every weekend with events. Could stress have caused it?
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 9 days ago.

I think it is less likely to be menieres, I suspect inflammation secondary to a virus as you suggested. Stress adds to being run down so could have been a contributing factor.