Dr Baker
Dr Baker, Family Physician
Experience:  MD
108371854

Long term breathing issues (nothing yet found) and terrible

Customer Question

Long term breathing issues (nothing yet found) and terrible fear of anaphylaxis. No known allergies but keep waking up in the morning with itchy throat and phlegm and sometimes I get a tickle so bad I can't breathe for a few seconds. I do suffer acid reflux apparently so wondered if it could be that?
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 12 days ago.

Thank you for contacting Just Answer

Expert:  Dr Baker replied 12 days ago.

I am sorry to hear of your anxiety. Reflux would indeed be able to cause those symptoms. Are you taking a PPI such as Omeprazole?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I occasionally take omeprazole but because of my fear of anaphylaxis I don't like taking meds
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 12 days ago.

Occasional use has limited benefit, I would take it regularly if you want to help these symptoms

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I have a slight allergy to my cat but I get this wherever I am even ehen I'm staying with friends etc. I'm so scared of anaphylaxis that I have no phone case because I'm scared of tpu or silicone allergy, I can't use deodorant because I'm scared of allergy and I don't wear cologne etc for the same reason.
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 12 days ago.

I am sorry to hear, if you take Omeprazole and haven’t had anaphylaxis, then you are fine to take regularly

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Is there any recommendations for what to do about the deodorant situation because I'm so worried about ir
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 12 days ago.

See a dermatologist for patch testing to confirm what and if you are reacting to anything

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
My big fear is that it will become anaphylaxis really
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 12 days ago.

Is there anything else about the reflux you would like to ask?