Dr Geyik, MBBS
Dr Geyik, MBBS,
Experience:  Expert
113018656

I need some advice and guidance from a doctor, no

Customer Question

I need some advice and guidance from a doctor
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: no medications cannot get to see a dr 1. have had blood tests normal only iron low on iron medication and cologen supplement
JA: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?
Customer: the last two months I had flu jab and booster jab in October after my flu jab I have experience extreme pain in my left arm going in pins needles and hurting quit a lot my doctor friend has suggested it’s my neck
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have the last two weeks rapidly lost hair and externer hair thinning I have never had this before my glands are swollen also and my weight isn’t stable I have never ever had this with hair
Expert:  Dr Geyik, MBBS replied 9 days ago.

Hello. This is Dr Geyik and I will be assisting you today.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.

Can I please ask your age and if you have any medical conditions or take any other medications?

Have you had any recent trauma?

Do you have pain anywhere else, chest pain, breathing difficulties, neck pain, headache, numbness anywhere, change in vision/speech/face, etc?

Hair loss can be due to low iron levels and/or anaemia and hopefully iron tablets will help with that.

Your other symptoms are non-specific and I agree with you that something is not quite right. I feel you need further assessments and investigations. So I suggest you contact your GP for a review and to discuss this. You can also contact 111 and explain your concerns and they can pass this to your own GP. They are both linked.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
My age is 41
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
End feb had Covid was not ill at all had from April stress my chest feels strange as if someone sitting on it I have recently had quit a bit of migraines my throat glands has been swollen and really sore the last two months
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Neck pain yes that goes into my head my arm goes numbe and needles and pins
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
The hair thinning and loss has come so quickly and drastically my neck feels constantly hurting and my arm that goes numb and pins and needles and hurts a lot
My periods the last couple months been heavy had flu jab and booster jab in October before my flu jab wasn’t feeling well but since flu jab all this started to happend or go insided
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
It’s extremely difficult to get to see NHS doctor it’s almost impossible when I did see dr two weeks ago said blood was normal I told her my glands throat doesn’t feel right is it not thyroid she she thyroid normal something doesn’t feel right with my body my neck arm sudden hair loss and severe thinning
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Regards ***** ***** arm that hurts a lot gets pins needles almost loose mobility in it she says neck related and rotated shoulder cuff but I have all these other symptoms swollen glands that hurts throat that sore sever hairloss and thinning that I have never ever had something doesn’t feel right
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I also get woken up in the middle of the night feel extremely warm
Expert:  Dr Geyik, MBBS replied 8 days ago.

I am sorry for the late reply; I finished my shift yesterday.

It sounds like you have a lot of symptoms. Even though Covid-19 can cause chronic symptoms (long Covid-19) you have multiple different symptoms and the exact cause is not clear. To me it looks like you need full assessment and further investigations to find out what is really happening. There are other blood tests that can be done to see if there is any inflammation in your body. If you can't get hold of your GP, you can contact 111 and they can see you at the weekend or after 18.30 today. They can at least make an initial assessment and document their findings and send them to your GP for further action.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Dear Dr GeyikThank you what blood test can I ask for to see were there is inflammation in bodyThank you

There are blood tests such as ESR, CRP, other more specific blood tests that your doctor will know.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Unfortunately getting an appt with my NHS GP is absolutely zero chance waited two weeks for prescription and when I had phone call when I mentioned all of this was told to see chiropractor for my shoulder and neck and all the other symptoms not taken into consideration my really worry and concern know is the extreme hairloss and thinning that has come so quick and suddenly my body doesn’t feel right even with my stool it doesn’t have good smell it’ll ever ever had that I must have inflammation somewhere
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you DR much appreciated

You can still call 111 and they could make an assessment and send the findings to your GP. This could be quite helpful.

You are welcome.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you I will ask for these bloods and go to 111 thank you

You are very welcome.