Shahid Karim
Shahid Karim, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MBChB
111381268

Long term breathing issues and episodes of racing heart.

Customer Question

Long term breathing issues and episodes of racing heart. What is risk of spontaneous cardiac arrest having been cleared by two cardiologists?
Expert:  Shahid Karim replied 20 days ago.

Hi, thanks for getting in touch. Unless you have a structural or significant cardiac pathology that's leading to the high heart rates, there isn't really a chance of spontaneous cardiac arrest. What did they diagnose the racing heart beat as?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Unknown. Possible anxiety. I couldn't recreate one of the episodes at a time they could check it but I've has echo, holter and a stress test (but could only manage 3 mins so hr only got to 120 ish)

Understood, thanks for that info. So long as the echo has also been ok and they haven't found anything significant the risk of cardiac arrest is essentially zero.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
That's great. Thank you. I wondered if I could ask you one thing. What area are yoy based in and what is your specialism? I only ask because my autism makes it hard to trust if I don't know the very basic info on here

Sure I understand, cardiologist, UK trained, currently doing phd in the US