Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS
23101880

I wanted to check my symptoms with a GP before I attend the

Hi, I wanted to check my symptoms with a GP before I attend the emergency department.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I’ve been unable to contact my GP, I take bisoporol and Metformin
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Hi! I am Dr Saleem. Welcome to JA.

Thank you for the question. I will be answering your query shortly.

Can you please share your symptoms?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Neck and upper back pain, feeling extremely tired and nausea, have had these symptoms since Friday.

Do you have fever?

How're your bowel movements?

Are your sugars under control?

Do you have a history of heart disease?

May I know your age please?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I dont have any fever, I have had regular bowel movements, my blood sugars are under control, My father has had pacemaker fitted in his heart, I am 25 years old.

Are you taking Bisoprolol to control heart rate?

How's your exercise routine?

Any recent history of physical trauma?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I have been experiencing fainting episodes, due to this I had a loop recorder inserted in my heart, this found I had atrial tachycardia, I was prescribed bisoprolol for this. I take Metformin for PCOS not to control my blood sugars. I have not had any trauma, I had very severe he ache on Friday and Saturday which left me with this pain in my neck an upper back.

Have you tried any painkiller for the pain?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I have been taking painkillers, I have even bought strong pain killers from behind the counter. I just feel so exhausted and not able to do things like I would usually do

This sounds like a case of cervicogenic headache with neck symptoms. The pain can be resistant to usual painkillers and you might need to get IV medication for this. I suggest you go to A&E so that the doctor may perform a neurological examination and check your X rays as well. If IV painkillers fail then you could be given a nerve block which is effective in almost all the cases.

Please let me know if you have any other queries. Thanks.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thatnkyou for help, Dr Saleem

My pleasure.