Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I’ve been feeling under the weather. If I don’t eat anything

I’ve been feeling under the weather. If I don’t eat anything my stomach really hurts and if I eat a meal it hurts as well. It’s like a sharp pain
JA: How long have you been in pain? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?
Customer: feel slightly sick
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Got a cold

Greetings, this is Dr. Basu, experienced Medical Specialist.. I am double board-certified with many years of experience. I did review your inquiry and I am hoping to give you
at least some guidance here. Please ignore any call requests as they are automated responses by the website and not sent by the experts! TEXTING would be fine.
Please give me some time to review your question. Please be patient with me as I am on and off the computer so responses can be delayed at times, but I will be happy to help.
Please post a pic of the concerned area to provide you with precise diagnosis and treatment plan.

You likely have stomach lining inflammation --also called gastritis.

This can be caused by viral infection, spicy diet, high fat containing food, tobacco, coffee, and also excess alcohol intake.

You should follow a simple diet --fruits, veggies, baked food.

Please consider starting Omeprazole tablet 20 mg twice daily for 2 weeks. Omeprazole is acid suppressant and helps to heal the stomach lining in 2 weeks usually.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
This all started yesterday while eating food. The pain is very sharp. I ate a small chocolate bar earlier today and had no pain, but when I try and eat something larger it really hurts

Ok thanks for clarifying.

I still believe as above --your problem.

Another possibility can be gallbladder inflammation or cholecystitis.

Can cause symptoms with meals.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Ok thank you. Is Omeprazole a OTC drug

Yes it is

welcome

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thanks for your help

welcome