Your symptoms are suggestive of;
1) Muscle strain.
2) Cervical spondylosis.
Following measures would be helpful;
1) Neck care in the activities of daily living.
a) No working on the computer for more than half an hour in a single stretch. Same for TV/ IPad/ Mobile.
b) Monitors and televisions exactly in front (180 degrees).
c) Contour pillow: Should fill the hollow when lying on the back /straight or sideways. The principal is neck to be in the neutral position and supported. Available over the counter.
2) Soft Cervical Collar or Brace
3) Cervical traction
4) Anti-inflammatory analgesics like Ibuprofen etc.
5) Some physicians do give oral steroids in severe radiculopathy cases, in whom pain/numbness/tingling is quite significant.
6) Physical therapy: gradually increasing exercises from passive stretching to active ROM and against resistance regime.
7) Electrotherapy in the form of TENS, interferential and laser, and ultrasound.
8) Hot fomentation
9) Local analgesic patch/ointment/ spray
This is an exercise resource;
The investigations advised are;
MRI of the neck.
I hope your symptoms resolve soon.
I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.
Thanks for using Just Answer.