Dr Geyik, MBBS
Dr Geyik, MBBS,
Experience:  Expert
113018656

Fluttering in stomach, 2 weeks. Nine, Had ECG all perfect

Fluttering in stomach
JA: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?
Customer: 2 weeks. Nine
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Had ECG all perfect

Hello. This is Dr Geyik and I will be assisting you today.

Can I please ask your age and if you have ever had any medical conditions?

Is this flutter always in your stomach or do you get it in your chest too?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi, I'm 44. No medical conditions

Do you have any palpitations, chest pain, breathing issues, nausea, or other symptoms?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Don't have chest pain or palpitations or nausea. Had an ECG and all was perfect.

Where exactly do you feel this flutter; in upper or lower stomach?

Do you feel this all the time or when you are anxious or stressed out?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
It's upper stomach. It only happens every now and then. It doesn't happen when I go for a run or lift heavy weights. Some days it doesn't happen at all. I do get gas that I burp up.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
It just comes and goes. Lasts a fraction of a second then gone. Do pass gas around that time, so after a big tea ect.

Based on what you've just said, I do not think this is coming from your heart. Cardiac disease doesn't present in this way.

This could possibly be due to excess gas and you could try peppermint tea as this could help.

I do  not think there is a serious underlying cause and it will settle down eventually.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you. Do you think that the ECG being clear and blood pressure being normal means heart is fine?

These tests being normal is very reassuring. Also, your symptoms do not suggest that this is heart related at all. If you notice any new symptoms, please let us or your GP know.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
That's very reassuring. Thank you!

You are welcome.