Dr Geyik, MBBS
Dr Geyik, MBBS,
Experience:  Expert
113018656

My wife has a sore toe she’s on antibiotics but not sure if

hi there my wife has a sore toe she’s on antibiotics but not sure if it’s working yet.. it’s quite sore.. no pain just sore

Hello. This is Dr Geyik and I will be assisting you today.

Can I ask how old your wife is? And how long has she had this and how long she has had the antibiotic for?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
25… she’s had this for a week and a half.. she’s had it for around 2 days now any ideas what this could be thank you

Has she had any recent trauma?

Could you send another picture from a different angle?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
no trauma or anything i’ll send another picture

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
hi i’ve attached a picture

Has this been seen by her GP face to face?

This does look a bit suspicious to me and from the picture it doesn't actually look like infection.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
no gp only has seen a picture and that’s it.. won’t seer just says take antibiotics.. suspicious how

The colour and appearance of this lesion do look a bit suspicious and not really like typical infection. I suggest you contact her GP for physical assessment or at least a video consultation.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
do you think it could be cancerous

I do not really want to say cancer as it is rare at 25 but it just does look atypical of infection and suspicious looking from the pictures. I want to be on the safe side and ensure we are not missing anything serious.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
hi she just had a doctor appointment he said looks the same and to finish antibiotics finish the course what do you think

In that case, let's finish the course of the antibiotics, and if they do not resolve the issue, she will need further assessment.