Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

My 1 year old baby is not feeling well since yesterday

Hi,my 1 year old baby is not feeling well since yesterday afternoon,he was sick 3 times in 1 hour,he was never sick like this in 1 hour everything he ate threw it up,inside his throat is read,he cries all the time ,he didn t sleep last night because he had severe stomac cramps and he was screaming all night because of the pain,now he has red spots around his mouth,on the hands and legs ,he doesn t want to eat anymore.Can you help?Thank you
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? Do you have a fever?
Customer: Since yesterday,no fever his temperature was 36.7
JA: Is there anything else the Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
File attached (TL3LG51)

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr K. I have over 25 years of clinical experience and look forward to answering your question. i may need more information from you, so I may ask for that. My goal is to provide a complete answer to your question and to be sure you are satisfied with that answer.

I am sorry that you are having this problem but will do my best to assist you and answer your questions.    Cute photo!   Have you taken his temperature again.

Sore throat and vomiting is often due to strep in children.   He needs a rapid strep test.   Your gp can do this.  You should call or contact your gp or 111.

If the test is positive, he would need antibiotics.

Do not give fluid or food right after vomiting.   Wait an hour and start with ice chips or a popsicle.

Does this help to answer your question? Please let me know if there is anything you do not understand and if you have any feedback for me.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Tested his temperature again is 36.4
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
He was on antibiotics recently for 5 days (amoxicilin)and no change he was on 2 days and now he is worse

So normal which is good.   You can try the ice chips and popsicle.   But if he does not improve soon, he needs a strep test.    The antibiotics certainly should have helped.

The red spots on his face can also indicted strep infection.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Do you also know why he has these stomac cramps during night?They look really painful to him because he is screaming and struggling

Remember that this is a question and answer service.    So I can help, but there is no way to make an actual diagnosis.   Kids that have strep often have stomach cramps and GI symptoms.  I think he really needs a strep test.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok thank you very much for all the help

You are welcome.   Hope the little guy feels better soon.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
We hope so too.Thank you again

Thank you for using JA.

Hello, just checking in to see if you have further questions or concerns. I am here to help. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No further questions. thank you

Thanks for using Just Answer.