How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Sohaib Your Own Question
Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 5895
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialities
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Sohaib is online now

I have a lump of hard skin on the back of my foot, I think

Customer Question

Hi I have a lump of hard skin on the back of my foot
JA: How long have you had the lump? Is it hard or soft?
Customer: I think over a few years and it has developed, it is hard
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: nope
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Sohaib replied 16 days ago.

Hello and thank you for the question.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Board Certified Medicine Consultant with over 15 years of experience and I will do my best to help you today.
Let me review your question for a minute and I will get back to you.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No thank you
Expert:  Dr. Sohaib replied 16 days ago.

Since how long do you have this lump?

Is it painful to touch?

Can you attach a picture for a review?

You can Ignore the Phone Call request as this is autogenerated by system.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
It’s not really
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I have had it for years but I think it has developed
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Perhaps because I have pulled it of a few times
Expert:  Dr. Sohaib replied 16 days ago.

Thank you very much.

This typically look like a Corn or a callus, a name given to a benign skin lesion on the foot which develop due to repeated friction or pressure, secondary to to ill-fitting shoes, an underlying bony spur, or an abnormal gait.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
how do I treat it?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Is it easy to treat?
Expert:  Dr. Sohaib replied 16 days ago.

Following measures will be helpful;

Use a soft fitting shoes which a comforting insoles;

IF there is pain, use tylenol or Motrin;

And I will suggest a visit to a Podiatrist, and he can definitely examine and find out any abnormalities in the pressure distribution over you foot soles, and can advice for good custom made foot wear if needed, and also can remove the callus with his instruments.

Expert:  Dr. Sohaib replied 16 days ago.

Was it helpful?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Can I use salicylic acid after filling away the skin with a pumice stone
Expert:  Dr. Sohaib replied 16 days ago.

Yes you can do that, this salicylic acid plaster is available over the counter and there is no harm in trying it.

Expert:  Dr. Sohaib replied 16 days ago.

But remember, the treatment begin with prevention; which means avoid friction and pressure to your affected areas of foot.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No worries, thank you
Expert:  Dr. Sohaib replied 16 days ago.

Good luck and my sincere wishes for your good health.

Please do not forget to Give  Rating to my service as this is the only way I get credit for my time and expertise on your question.
If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Kindest Regards.