Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

I have severe pain due to my fascia but can‘t get an

i have severe pain due to my fascia but can‘t get an explanation from any doctor why that is so. i‘ve tried been to multiple doctors, did acupuncture, strength training, massages and other things. however, it has never helped me with my pain. i have nights where i can‘t sleep because it hurts so much and the only thing i can do is wait a few days until it goes away by itself. i don‘t know what else to do. that‘s why i‘m now asking you for advice or if you know i specialised doctor. i live in switzerland but am considering a visit in other country if the doctor is worth it. thank you in advance for your response.
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: since i can remember. i have it daily and so i became used to it. but i have days where it‘s too intense where i just can‘t handle it anymore. medications like dafalgan help to ease the pain a little but it doesn‘t help much
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i have two kinds of pain. one stems from my fascia and the other one is in my shoulder

What are your age and gender?

Do you have plantar fasciitis?

Where is the pain exactly located?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
i‘m 23 and female. never heard if plantar fasciitis. my pain is mostly in the back but it stretches out to my arms when it‘s really bad.

Was an MRI of the neck or back done?

Is it mid-back or lower back?

Your symptoms can be due to myofascial trigger points. This can be associated with degenerative disc disease in the neck causing pinched nerves leading to arm pain.

Trigger points may develop after an initial injury to muscle fibers. This injury may be a noticeable traumatic event or repetitive microtrauma to the muscles. The trigger point causes pain and stress in the muscle or muscle fiber. As the stress increases, the muscles become fatigued and more susceptible to activation of additional trigger points. When predisposing factors combine with a triggering stress event, activation of a trigger point occurs. The myofascial trigger point is a hyperirritable spot, usually within a taut band of skeletal muscle or in the muscle fascia which is painful on compression. The treatment is following;

1) passive stretching of the affected muscle after application of sprayed vapocoolant

2) physical therapy

3) deep electrotherapy; iontophoresis, phonophoresis, short wave diathermy, electrical stimulation

4) local analgesic patch / ointment / spray

5) anti-inflammatory analgesics; Ibuprofen (Motrin / Advil)

6) ischemic compression therapy; pressure on the points

7) massage

8) steroid shots

9) acupuncture.

I hope your symptoms resolve soon.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.
Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
thank you for your answer. i‘ll try electrotherapy out
since i‘ve never done that.

You are very welcome.

Electrotherapy is likely to help resolve it.

Wishing you a speedy resolution and all the very best in life.

It was a pleasure to assist you.

I sincerely hope that I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today!

Stay blessed.