Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

My questions relates to bodily itching

Hi. My questions relates to bodily itching

What are your age and gender?

Since when is the body itching?

Are there any specific body areas that have more itching?

What are the investigations and treatments done?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I have a recurring issue. Feel like itching all over my body. Random places. Sometimes it feels like a quick sting. Others feels like itching. It has been recurring for around 3 years now. I go months with nothing and it comes back. Increased urination. No pain in penis. Tingling in testicles that would more be described as uncomfortable instead of painful. I am 53. I’ve had sti and uti tests done. I’ve had my bladder scanned. No positive results. All negative. We as a family had scabbies around the same time and went away with cream treatment. I don’t have visible rashes on my body. 3 years ago I received oral sex from someone else and I thought it could be that but all tests negative since. My wife now says her body is itching. From that could you give me an idea of what this could be

Since your wife also mentions itching, it is likely to be some insect bite off and on or parasite infestation causing the symptoms or recurrence of scabies.

Both of you may take Pyrantel Pamoate for parasite infestation which is available without a prescription.

Calamine lotion will help you in itching with anti-allergic medication (Benadryl).

It is unlikely to be an infection (STD or otherwise).

The tingling in testes can be related to prostate inflammation (prostatitis); termed referred symptoms. Urine and a semen culture can identify and confirm the diagnosis.

I wish your symptoms resolve soon.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.
Thanks for using JustAnswer.