Zee J
Zee J,
Experience:  Expert
113630574

I am deaf in both ears, I have been putting in drops to

i am deaf in both ears, I have been putting in drops to soften wax but to no avail - can you help ?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No medication & cant get in to see a doctor
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: I am a type 2 diabetic and take Metformin for it, other wise no other problems or medication
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Hello and thanks for your question. I’d be pleased to assist you. Kindly answer following questions for further advice:

Age? Male or female?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
75, male
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Phone is no good I am totally deaf

Don't worry all phone call requests are auto generated. Just ignore if you do not want it. Talking through text chat is just fine with me.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Can you help at all?

Earwax usually falls out on its own. If it does not and blocks your ear, put 2 to 3 drops of medical grade olive or almond oil in your ear 3 to 4 times a day. Do this for 3 to 5 days.

How many days you have been using oil in ear?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Phone is no good csnt hear people speaking

Do not worry about phone call please

Answer this:

You need to see a doctor if your symptoms have not cleared after 5 days and your ear is badly blocked and you cannot hear anything (you can get an infection if it has not cleared)

As in that case the doctor need to look inside the ear with special instrument and remove the hard wax manually

Not all GP practices remove earwax Some can:

1. flush the wax out with water (ear irrigation)

2. suck the wax out (microsuction)

These treatments are usually painless. You might have to pay to have them done privately.

So If you have issues and could not go out then you need to discuss with your doctor so that they would arrange some help and transport for you

Please do let me know if you have any further questions I would be happy to answer

Best of luck

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Do you have a solution for me?

The best solution for you would be to contact your doctor and discuss the situation as you need removal of ear wax manually by doctor or trained medical person. If you cannot go to GP surgery by yourself then request them to arrange transport for you to get wax removal as soon as possible.

Best of luck

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I talked to my doctor BUT they had no spare appointments nor would they treat me as they no longer syringe

In that case you need to find out private ENT specialist or private GP around your area to get rid of wax

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I talked to my doctor BUT they had no spare appointments nor would they treat me as they no longer syringe Thank you for your help anyway
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I have found a ENT specialist and she iss helping me, thankyou

That's great

Best of luck